- Before the pandemic interrupted everything, David Lee Roth was opening for KISS on their End of the Road farewell tour. Now KISS is back on the road, sans Dave. So what happened?
- Gene Simmons confirmed to Rolling Stone that Roth was no longer opening for the band, saying “I don’t know what happened to him”.
- Simmons said “during Dave’s heyday, nobody did what he did. He was the ultimate frontman. Not Plant, not Rod Stewart, nobody. He took being a frontman way beyond anything.“
- He added, “I prefer to remember Elvis Presley in his prime… I don’t want to think of bloated naked Elvis on the bathroom floor.“
- KISS is currently back on tour and just announced a 12-date Las Vegas residency starting in December.