- Now here’s a ‘what if’ from rock history that will blow your mind – what if Rick Astley’s band was hand-picked by none other than Ozzy Osbourne?
- Believe it or not, it could have happened – long before they became internet memes, Astley hung out with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne in L.A. in the 1980’s.
- Astley says Ozzy told him “If you want to put a band together, let me know. I’ve worked with all the greats.”
- Astley says he was “gobsmacked” by the offer, before Sharon shut it down: “Will you shut up, he doesn’t want to play with your long-haired, tattooed ****ing monsters”.
- Astley is a huge rock’n’roll fan, who grew up playing drums to old AC/DC records.