- Founding Free and Bad Company frontman Paul Rodgers says he turned down an invitation to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame.
- In a new interview, Rodgers recalled, “Years and years ago, Ahmet Ertegun [head of Atlantic Records and a co-founder of the Rock Hall] said to me, ‘Paul, we’re making this museum of rock ‘n’ roll. Do you guys want to be part of it?’”
- Rodgers says he told Ertegun, “I don’t think rock ‘n’ roll belongs in a museum.”
- He claims he was asked “a couple [more] times” if he wanted to be inducted, but again refused the offer.
- Rodgers says the decision, “Doesn’t affect my daily life. It doesn’t affect what I do in any way at all.”