Queen, David Bowie Wrote And Recorded ‘Under Pressure’ While Drunk
August 31, 2021 8:22AM EDT
- What fueled the rock classic Under Pressure?
- Apparently, a lot of alcohol.
- During the latest episode of “Queen the Greatest” on YouTube, the band’s three surviving members revealed how the Queen mega-hit came to life with David Bowie in the early ’80s.
- Queen drummer Roger Taylor said they were “all drunk” in Switzerland during the collaboration process.
- Bassist John Deacon came up with the famous riff for Under Pressure and repeatedly played it at the studio, but when the group later left to grab pizza, he forgot it.
- Luckily, Taylor remembered it and the rest is history.
- Under Pressure was released in October 1981.