- Sammy Hagar tells a lot of wild stories, but this latest whopper might top them all.
- The former Van Halen frontman says he was once asked to join none other than Pantera, after the departure of lead singer Philip Anselmo.
- Hagar swears that Pantera’s manager asked him if he’d be interested in joining the band – and Hagar said no, because he had just parted ways with Van Halen and wasn’t interested in joining another group.
- Did Pantera really want the “I Can’t Drive 55” singer? Even Hagar says he’s not sure if it’s true: “I brought it up to Vinnie (Paul, Pantera’s drummer) one time. He didn’t remember it. But I don’t know if there’s any truth to that.“
- Other bands Hagar has previously claimed to have been asked to join include Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and Velvet Revolver.