The Offspring’s Drummer Says He’s Out of the Band For Not Being Able to Get the Covid-19 Vaccine
August 4, 2021 8:52AM EDT
- Drummer Pete Parada is claiming that The Offspring fired him from the band over the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Parada shared the news on social media on Monday, writing, “Given my personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs, my doctor has advised me not to get a shot at this time.”
- Parada also revealed that he had the virus over a year ago and experienced mild issues, but his battle with Guillain-Barré Syndrome has gotten more difficult.
- “Since I am unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate — it has recently been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour,” wrote Parada. “I mention this because you won’t be seeing me at these upcoming shows.”
- “I have no negative feelings towards my band,” Parada added. “They’re doing what they believe is best for them, while I am doing the same. Wishing the entire OFFSPRING family all the best as they get back at it!.”